Nuance Communications, Inc. has announced Power PDF 3, the newest version of the company’s Power PDF software allowing businesses to create, edit, sign and share PDF documents. Power PDF 3 builds on the features of previous iterations, reportedly delivering benefits in several areas including user experience, conversion accuracy, document compatibility, eSignature support with workflow integration, collaboration and text editing.
“The combination of new features and usability enhancements in Power PDF 3 enables me to do my job faster and more accurately, in turn helping our patients receive better care,” said Brandy Cunningham, Referral Coordinator for Cancer Care Centers of Brevard. “With the new version of Power PDF, I can fully focus on ensuring the paper records accompanying incoming patients are quickly converted to searchable digital PDF files that can be easily found, accessed and used by authorized personnel.”
Power PDF frees organizations from the high cost of dealing with PDF licensing while providing a secure, user-friendly experience that satisfies the individual worker, according to Nuance. For workers, it allows them to work more efficiently completing more tasks at a higher quality, the company says. Specifically, Power PDF 3 improves organizational performance with key new capabilities and benefits, including:
- Increased conversion accuracy: Searchable PDFs and Microsoft Office documents with layouts stringently maintained.
- Document compatibility: Power PDF 3 now supports the ISO PDF 2.0 standard, ensuring Power PDF documents are compatible with the widest range of existing PDF readers and processors which is critical for driving better business practices.
- Enhanced productivity: Power PDF 3 features real-time document collaboration, allowing multiple parties on the same network to edit PDF documents while also eliminating document merge conflicts.
- DocuSign secure document workflow integration: Power PDF 3 features eSignature support from DocuSign, allowing workers to sign and send documents as part of a secure workflow that can be completed directly from the PDF interface.
- Enhanced user experience: Power PDF 3 introduces new tabbed document viewing allowing workers to open multiple documents within a single window and display them as tabs; new ribbons that put advanced feature sets front and center when appropriate; as well as new color skins, which allows workers to personalize their user experience.
- Simplified editing: Power PDF 3 offers new methods for recognizing blocks of text that wrap correctly when edited and assembling and organizing documents, including the ability to combine open documents into a single PDF with one button.
“Nuance is bringing to market our most robust, functional PDF-based creating and editing solution to date,” says Tracey Mustacchio, senior vice president of product & marketing, Nuance Document Imaging. “Today’s release focuses on the individual worker and enabling him or her to not only be more productive by reducing rework with greater PDF document conversion, but also enabling eSignatures integrated into workflows to better transact business. Power PDF 3 adds value across the enterprise and is purpose built to serve the needs of novice and advanced PDF users.”
Access Related Content