Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced that its imagePROGRAF TX Series large format devices are now compatible with certain software solutions from eQuorum, a provider of engineering document management systems.
“As AEC companies look for more cost efficient and faster printers, eQuorum sees Canon as one of the best options for large format drawings and the imagePROGRAF TX3000 is perfect for small and medium size businesses. Together we provide a robust digital file management solution with the right printing solution,” said Scott Brandt, CEO, eQuorum.
“The versatility of Canon’s imagePROGRAF TX Series has allowed customers to take advantage of the devices’ features across a variety of industries, especially in engineering,” said Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “To help those in this field complete their tasks in a more effective and time-efficient manner, Canon collaborated with eQuorum to make their celebrated solutions accessible to TX Series users. This announcement is another successful story of Canon collaborating with a third-party vendor to better meet the needs of both of our customers.”
The eQuorum software solutions now available for the imagePROGRAF TX Series are:
- ImageSite, a web browser-based document management, distribution and collaboration solution.
- Engine-Box.com, a Cloud-based engineering document file system for collaboration across locations and relevant parties.
- Plot Station – an enterprise print/plot management solution to control batch printing for an entire network.
Through ImageSite and Engine-Box.com programs, imagePROGRAF TX Series users can:
- Organize and structure digital files including file formats such as DWF, DWG, CALS, TIFF, G4, CGM, DICOM and EPS.
- Search and find files based on indexing or free-form searching.
- View CAD files without needing proprietary applications or downloading files first.
- Protect files at the project, group, user, file, and meta-data level for all functions, including downloading, deleting, printing, emailing, editing, etc.
- Share by email attachments, email links or multi-page PDFs more securely.
- Synchronize files across multiple locations and offices.
- Receive notifications based on event triggers, through both e-mails and internal alerts, to stay abreast of the status of a project.
- Mark-up files easily and make changes.
There are no software downloads, Java, mobile apps or browser add-ins required, as ImageSite and Engine-Box.com are entirely HTML5-based. Solutions can be used through any web-browser and mobile access allows for off-line viewing of files. Ribbon add-ins allow users to integrate their preferred CAD program into their workflow and a Dashboard allows for management of files, searches and completed tasks. A queuing feature allows operators to decide how to process print jobs and where to send them.
Canon’s imagePROGRAF TX Series, dubbed the “next standard of engineering” by Canon, has been completely redesigned to feature a recently developed five-Color LUCIA TD pigment ink set, print head, and a mechanical platform for printing for the TX Series. With an option for a second roll unit and robust security features.
eQuorum is a gold member of the Canon Alliance Partner Program (CAPP) for imagePROGRAF large-format solutions, an alliance network in which Canon works closely with third-party software companies to offer software solutions to imagePROGRAF customers. Through CAPP, Canon is able to work with industry partners to make its printing devices more flexible so that users can tailor their solution to better meet their needs.
Access Related Content