As usual for our annual Awards & Charities Galas, this year’s theme, “START ME UP,” was inspired by music – in this case, The Rolling Stone’s No. 2 US smash of the same name. This song, written and performed by a band whose prolific output, experimentation, and commitment have sustained them since their inception in 1962 – 60 years ago – and propelled them to achieve unmatched iconic status – and maintain it generation through generation.
The Stones, like our industry, personify the terms “pivot,” “diversification,” and “persistence.”
Rock and roll as a contemporary music genre overall, also embodies those same qualities. So, the soundtrack for this year’s gala and after party consists of a stylistic variety of rock songs dating back to the British Invasion in 1964 – when the Stones broke in the US – through 2021.
This Playlist was created in Spotify. Instructions for access and use below if and as needed.
USER OVERVIEW + GUIDE
- This playlist was created in Spotify.
- You can sample the playlist with or without a Spotify account.
- You can navigate through and listen to the playlist – along with every track – whether you have a Premium or Free Spotify account.
- Some users of thecannatareport.com may be able to listen to the playlist without any account whatsoever. (Unfortunately, we do not know why this is. However, as this is year for trying all types of new things, I’m just going with it again this year – and am hoping that if this feature continues to be well received, that I will receive feedback from users in order to improve its functionality for future playlist posts.)
SAMPLING THE PLAYLIST
- You can sample the playlist with or without a Spotify account by clicking on the play icon centered over the “START ME UP” cover art located at the top left of the playlist box above and listening to :30 second clips of each or any track.
- You can sample the tracks in order, continuously, or you can navigate forward or backwards by clicking on the arrows to the left and the right of the play bar located directly above the “START ME UP” playlist listing or by clicking on the individual tracks themselves.
NAVIGATING AND LISTENING TO THE PLAYLIST
- When you click on the play icon centered over the “START ME UP” cover art, one of the following sentences will appear: (1) “Listen to the full playlist on Spotify,” or, less likely, (2) “This track is not available in your country.”
- Regardless of which aforementioned message is served on your screen, proceed to one of the following two calls to action: The first will be “Play on Spotify” and the second will be “Log in.” Click “Play on Spotify” if you eitherhave or do not have a Spotify account and proceed as prompted. More than likely, Spotify will require you to register for an account, but a free account is all you’ll need to navigate and listen to the playlist in full. However, some users may have the ability to navigate and listen to the playlist without registration.