The first worldwide virtual users’ conference for Electronics For Imaging, Inc. customers, EFI Engage, is held Jan. 25-Feb. 5 featuring a virtual exhibition hall, along with demos and presentations on advanced Productivity Suite MIS/ERP, inkjet printing, and Fiery digital front end (DFE) solutions. Superwide-format inkjet technologies at Engage include a new, higher-throughput VUTEk XT hybrid device – one of multiple superwide-format display graphics production solutions launching at the event.
In addition to workshops, presentations, seminars and discussions on commercial printing, packaging and inkjet display graphics applications, EFI Engage will be the first global EFI users conference to feature a full training track on industrial textile printing, with training and demos on the full portfolio of EFI Reggiani digital production solutions for apparel and textile manufacturing.
The event features training for corrugated and other package converting applications, as well as introductory sessions detailing important opportunities in the building materials market, including EFI Cretaprint tile decoration solutions along with high-quality industrial digital production applications using EFI Cubik single-pass printers for digital wood staining and decoration.
“EFI Engage features a wealth of content and information to help customers learn about important new opportunities, as well as gain actionable ideas that can propel them into a more efficient and profitable ‘next normal’ phase of business,” said EFI Chairman and CEO Jeff Jacobson. “Attendees will learn about the strengths they can create in the future with leading-edge workflow innovation, along with the important expansion in print’s analog-to-digital evolution that comes with our newest, most-advanced inkjet solutions.”
New solutions premiering during Engage include:
- The new version 9 releases in EFI’s Productivity Suite offerings, which provide, validated, end-to-end business and production management workflows for commercial print, mailing, display graphics, publication and packaging operations.
- EFI’s new super-high-speed VUTEk XT hybrid printer – a solution designed to drive a reduction in total cost of ownership with superior throughput exceeding 375 boards per hour, ink delivery, and the power of EFI’s integrated workflow. New CP5G ink delivery technology on the printer delivers complete ink circulation, dot placement, 5-picoliter drops and greyscale imaging.
- A second super-high-speed product, a Single-Pass for Display Graphics printer optimized for high-volume production on signage media at speeds up to 1,000 sheets per hour.
- EFI’s fastest roll-to-roll superwide-format printers – new 138- and 198-inch wide EFI VUTEk Q3r and Q5r UV LED printers that deliver expanded capabilities with features such as multi-layer white and high-value in-line finishing, collection and auto backlit and blockout options.
- The newest release of EFI’s Fiery Command WorkStation management interface, version 6.6, which delivers the company’s search interface capabilities and powers curve and spot-color editing capabilities, along with access to a host of additional features, such as the EFI IQ suite of cloud-based applications.
- The latest version of Fiery JobFlow, a prepress production automation solution that now gives users the power to upscale image, reorganize PDF page, and collect jobs based on tim.
Through more than 200 online conference sessions, EFI Engage highlights the expanded possibilities print and packaging businesses can achieve. The new EFI Fiery Command WorkStation offering – the free, market-leading, central interface used to direct hundreds of thousands of Fiery Driven digital print devices around the world – helps users manage their digital print operations better, even across multiple printers and locations.
One early Fiery Command WorkStation 6.6 user, Tom Griffiths, CEO of Slough, England-based design and print agency Page Visions, drives more efficient work when creating and managing jobs – especially through the ability to create and save very specific searches.
“The latest features delivered in Fiery Command WorkStation make it more than just a pre-press and press operators’ tool,” said Griffiths. “The new Advanced Search with version 6.6 means we are able to get very granular with our job filtering and combine parameters to create production efficiencies. Plus, the fact that Fiery Command WorkStation’s stability is rock solid is also massive for us.”
Another innovation launching during Engage, the newest version of EFI Fiery JobFlow software. With the software, users can scale images for wide and super-wide format applications. A pages module in the software enables operators to manage long jobs by splitting up a PDF using a set number of pages, PDF bookmarks, or page ranges. Users can also define job route behavior in using JobFlow.
A production innovation launching during Engage for cut-sheet digital printing – the integration between EFI Fiery Impose software and Duplo DC-618 Slitter/Cutter/Creaser devices – automates job preparation and finisher setup. The integration cuts the initial setup time of the workflow in half and saves users up to 70% in setup time preparing printing jobs with seamless, automated, two-way communication.
In addition to the latest EFI workflow, Fiery DFE and inkjet display graphics offerings featured in EFI Engage’s exhibit area, this year’s conference also features advanced solutions from participating partners, including 3M Commercial Solutions; Aberdeen Fabrics; Duplo; ISCorp; Lubrizol, Progress Software Corp.; Ricoh; and Thomson Reuters.
Access Related Content