Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions provides a peek into the future while demonstrating world-class solutions empowering current retail success during NRF 2020, Jan. 12-14 at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, booth 3319. With the theme “Moments that Inspire” Toshiba celebrates shoppers’ “aha” moments as well as the technology retailers’ use to create those revelatory experiences.
Toshiba’s ‘Frictionless Store’ employs multi-layered shelf sensor technologies and computer vision with real-time true edge computing, powered by its microservices software platform. The ‘Frictionless Store’ demonstrates how retailers may evolve toward the store of the future at their own pace while solving immediate business challenges like item recognition at self-checkout to optimize throughput and prevent shrinkage.
Toshiba will take retailers through new capabilities in the following areas:
▪ Path to frictionless: from store to cloud-connected commerce;
▪ Activating intelligence: from data to actionable insights;
▪ Optimizing throughput: from transactions to front-end transformation;
▪ Point-of-sale (POS) and printers designed for retail.
The company will demonstrate how it is ‘activating intelligence’ via its newly introduced Proactive Availability Services. Toshiba’s Managed Services initiative empowers retailers to operate more efficiently through artificial intelligence and advanced analytics, moving the current retail maintenance model from reactive to proactive and ultimately predictive.
▪ Gathers insights to understand component usage patterns
▪ Predicts and prevents hardware failures through machine learning algorithms
▪ Near real-time notifications of hardware events alerting
▪ Uses analytics for intelligent dispatch of service
▪ Leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to automate and speed up remote interventions
▪ Reduces store disruption and increases availability with decreased store visits
▪ Consolidates reporting on service performance metrics.
Toshiba also unveils its all-new point-of-sale (POS) receipt printers designed for the hospitality business at ‘Retail’s Big Show.’ Toshiba’s HSP Series printers offer hotels, restaurants, and bars splash-resistant design and high performance to improve operations and customer experience.
Toshiba invites NRF 2020 attendees to its Big Ideas Session at 11-11:30 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 12 where they’ll learn how Toshiba is reshaping the retail store experience for leading paint manufacturer, Dunn-Edwards. Nippon Paint USA Chief Information Officer Rich Stefani and Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions Executive Director, Global Marketing Fredrik Carlegren, co-host the session.
“Toshiba is excited to create moments that inspire retailers and industry professionals from across the world during NRF 2020,” said Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions Chief Marketing Executive Bill Melo. “Our team embraces the opportunity to show our latest innovations and services capabilities, all with a clear focus on helping retailers thrive in 2020 and beyond.”
Access Related Content