There was a slight uptick in acquisitions in May compared to April.
If April was a quiet month for acquisitions with only six on the books, May wasn’t much more active on the acquisitions front with only eight reported. A few big dealers acquired, expanding their regional footprints, and two OEMs made what we consider interesting acquisitions.
Following are the acquisitions announced between May 1 and May 31.
- GoodSuite, formerly known as Copier Headquarters, with offices in Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties, acquired Advanced Office Automation of Ventura, California.
- Kelley Imaging Systems of Kent, Washington acquired Competitive Edge Office Systems in Juneau, Alaska.
- Advanced Imaging Solutions (AIS) with offices in Southern California and Las Vegas, acquired Comworx, Inc., a Las Vegas firm that specializes in business communication solutions, cloud and onsite phone systems, contact centers, mobility, call recording, and archiving.
- Kyocera Corporation has acquired SouthernCarlson, a U.S. distributor of tools, fasteners, packaging and facility supplies, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Under the agreement, SouthernCarlson will operate as a U.S.-based subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation.
- Centric Business Systems, a provider of document management technology in the Mid-Atlantic region, acquired Carefree Office Technologies, Inc., an office technology dealer located in Northern Virginia.
- Loffler Companies, headquartered in Bloomington, MN, acquired Laser Systems and Laser Systems Security of Fargo, ND and Grand Forks, ND. The acquisition expands Loffler’s managed business technology and services to the North Dakota and Northern Minnesota markets.
- Electronics For Imaging (EFI) acquired privately held BDR Boya Kimya San. Tic. A.S. Based in Bursa, Turkey, a manufacturer of reactive inkjet inks for industrial digital textile printing.
- Fisher’s Technology, based in Boise, ID, acquired ABC Office Equipment in Spokane. The acquisition provides Fisher’s with its first locations in Washington state.
Access Related Content