Changes in leadership, new product and services introductions, awards, and acquisitions represent some of this month’s leading stories.
It’s the end of the month which means it is time for us to cull our news archives and identify what we deem as the Top 10 stories for October 2018. There was a lot of news as there is every month and while some of the stories at the top of our list tend to be obvious choices, it’s a consistent challenge rounding out our list of 10. To review the other news and stories we’ve posted on our website in October, or to read the complete articles and press releases, please visit www.thecannatareport.com.
- EFI Names New CEO – Electronics For Imaging, Inc. has announced that its Board of Directors has named William D. Muir as its new chief executive officer. Muir was most recently the Chief Operating Officer of Jabil, a product solutions company. His appointment is effective October 15, 2018, when he will also join the Board of Directors. Muir succeeds Guy Gecht, who informed the Board he intended to step down as CEO upon the appointment of his successor, as the Company announced on July 30, 2018. Gecht will remain a member of the Board of Directors and will be an advisor to the CEO.
- Change in Leadership Announced at DocuWare – Effective January 1, 2019, DocuWare presidents Jà¼rgen Biffar and Thomas Schneck will transition their leadership positions to Dr. Michael Berger, currently the company’s Chief Technology Officer, and Max Ertl, currently the company’s Chief Revenue Officer. “Today’s announcements are about ensuring the company continues its long-term growth,” stated Jà¼rgen Biffar, founder and president.
- Ricoh Acquires Industrial Printer Manufacturer – Ricoh has reached an agreement to buy LAC Corporation, a company that it said offers unique inkjet technology that supports printing on three-dimensional surfaces, including the sides of cars, trucks, aircraft as well as tires and glass bottles. This acquisition is aimed at strengthening Ricoh’s industrial printing business, which is one of its three growth strategies. Founded in 1983, LAC has unique technology that can discharge high-viscosity ink from a maximum of 100mm enabling printing directly onto three dimensional objects. Using its technology, LAC develops, manufactures, sells, and supports industrial printing systems for cars, liquefied petroleum gas cylinders, and more.
- Marco Acquires in Illinois – Marco has announced that it has purchased ETC ComputerLand, an IT services company headquartered in Quincy, Illinois. ETC ComputerLand has been providing its clients with technology solutions since 1997. Many of its employees have joined the Marco team and will be serving clients from their current location in Quincy. Marco also has offices in Peoria, Peru and Rockford, Illinois as well as Missouri offices including Jefferson City, Columbia, St. Louis and more. This is Marco’s second acquisition in Illinois this year. In July, the company purchased Ticomix, an IT services company located in Rockford.
- DOCUmation Strengthens IT Offerings ““ DOCUmation has acquired Documentworx, an imaging solutions firm located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Following a spelling change, documentWORKS will operate in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market as well as Houston and Austin. The acquisition will expand DOCUmation’s software solutions offerings and enable the dealership to pursue more major account opportunities as well as strengthen core competencies on the IT side of the business.
- Fujitsu and Canon Expand Relationship – The two companies have signed a memorandum of understanding to expand the scope of the relationship in North America. The agreement stipulates that Fujitsu will leverage Canon’s software technology as part of its capabilities portfolio, while also calling for increased cooperation to co-create new technologies. Furthermore, the agreement lays out the conditions for an enhanced sales and marketing alliance, whereby Fujitsu will assist in identifying customers for Canon’s Accounts Payable Automation Solution, and in some cases, perform installation and integration. In this way, the MOU provides a future opportunity for an expanded partnership that addresses complex customer needs both in the near and long term.
- Xerox Gets App Happy ““ On October 10, Xerox provided analysts with an intimate look at the company’s latest apps, apps designed to make its Smart Workplace Assistant’s (what some of us, but not Xerox call MFPs), smarter, more secure, and more efficient, and the customers who rely on Xerox technology more productive. What Xerox is looking to do with these apps is accelerate workplace digitization and future proof its devices. Apps, as it so happens, represent an excellent way to do that.
- Coordinated Celebrates 35th Anniversary – A 35th Anniversary Celebration for Coordinated Business Systems in Burnsville, Minnesota was help at the dealership’s corporate headquarters on October 3. This was a stellar event, hosted by Coordinated’s owners Jim and Donna Oricchio, and attended by leading executives from many of the vendors who do business with Coordinated, including Kyocera Document Solutions, Inc.; Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America; US Bank; Great America Financial Services Corp., and a host of others.
- Umango Signs Agreement with ecoprintQ ““ The agreement with ecoprintQ, INC positions the company as an American regional distributor of the Umango products Umango Convert and Umango Extract. The deal signifies the expansion of Umango’s global coverage and expansion of geographical coverage. As a distributor of Umango products, ecoprintQ will be Umango’s regional marketing partner for North and South America with an emphasis on leveraging on their extensive relationships in the MFD segment and provide pre and post-sales support to their existing reseller base. ecoprintQ will strengthen existing solutions.
- Sharp Receives Two Continuum Awards – Sharp Business Systems was awarded Partner of the Year and Continuum U Master by Continuum, Sharp’s exclusive provider of a vertically integrated IT service delivery platform. Sharp Business Systems was presented with the two awards at Continuum’s Navigate 2018 conference in Boston, September 25 ““ 27. The Continuum Partner of the Year Award recognizes Continuum’s top partner overall by revenue and The Continuum U Master Award recognizes the partner with the highest adoption of Continuum’s educational certification program. Sharp has been working with Continuum and its suite of managed network services since 2014. The relationship allows Sharp to provide network monitoring and management, help desk support, mobile device management and backup/disaster recovery.
Access Related Content