Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced the new imagePRESS C910 Series. The imagePRESS C910 Series is a light to mid-volume production color digital press. Comprised of three models, the imagePRESS C910, C810 and C710, the series offers production speeds of up to 90 pages-per-minute (ppm), 80 ppm and 70 ppm respectively.
“Canon has incorporated its “˜customer-first’ mindset and unique understanding of imaging, color science and workflow to build a digital press designed to be the workhorse that supports and drives our customers’ day-to-day business,” says Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A. Inc. “With the new imagePRESS C910 Series, we continue to evolve our high-quality digital presses in order to offer robust capabilities that deliver efficient, cost-effective production for light-to mid-volume commercial and in-plant customers.”
The updated series includes a range of new finishing options and extended media support. These finishing options include:
- Incorporates GBC eWire Pro to provide in-line production of wire bound documents.
- Includes double punching on tabloid size sheets.
- Offers an open Document Finishing Device (DFD) adapter and bridge interface that allows for 3rd party finishing to connect to the Canon Staple/Booklet Finisher-W1 for corner stapling and advanced in-line finishing on the imagePRESS C910/C810 devices.
- Supports media up to 130-pound Cover (350 gsm) to help print service providers expand the range of media offerings for applications such as business cards and direct mail.
- Supports printing on media up to 51.2 inches (1300mm)4, allowing for expanded application support of novel marketing collateral, pocket folders and banners.
As a result of workflow being a crucial aspect of every production print environment, the new series offers a choice of Digital Front Ends: Canon’s PRISMAsync Print Server Version 7 and the EFI Fiery powered imagePRESS Servers. Users have the option of selecting the imagePRESS Server H350 or imagePRESS Server G250, built on EFI’s Fiery FS350 platform.
Access Related Content