Electronics For Imaging (EFI) has revealed its latest digital front end technology for digital print production. New EFI Fiery FS350 Pro software will give graphic arts professionals more power, productivity and versatility in digital printing, says EFI. The new Fiery offering – which EFI is showing for the first time this week at its annual Connect users conference in Las Vegas – will be available starting this quarter in high-end production DFEs for EFI partners’ new, advanced digital printers and presses.
“With this new platform release, we are continuing to stay ahead of market requirements, ensuring that customers can be as productive and versatile as possible,” said John Henze, vice president of Fiery marketing and sales, EFI. “Fiery FS350 Pro delivers unrivaled productivity from prepress to finishing across a wide range of digital printing engines, plus it provides even better color results for high-value print products.”
This DFE software offers new features in the areas of: color and imaging, productivity, management tools and connectivity. New DFEs based on EFI Fiery FS350 Pro software will drive digital printers and presses from several manufacturers, across sheetfed, high-speed continuous feed, B1 folding carton, and corrugated digital production systems, including both toner and inkjet technologies. Canon will be the first to launch a new DFE featuring Fiery FS350 Pro in the near future.
The new release also will help customers better manage their print production, using the industry’s most intuitive and integrated DFE offerings, including the ability to establish automated, bi-directional communication and integration with EFI’s market-leading MIS/ERP and web-to-print products. Users also can unify production operations for all Fiery Driven printers – including wide-format and superwide-format inkjet printers – from a single EFI Fiery Command WorkStation interface.
FS350 Pro, Fiery Command WorkStation and additional Fiery workflow products for the new DFE software offer a range of production enhancements and advantages including:
- New Fiery make-ready features. Users can automate prepress and finishing stages with Fiery Impose software and Duplo Slitter/Cutter/Creasers.
- Image control with Fiery JobMaster software.
- Support for Adobe APPE 4.4. This includes overprinting of up to 123 spot colors, support for CMYK+ transparency rendering, and improved processing performance for jobs with transparencies.
- CMYK+ Support. The new DFE software provides more-complete management and estimating
- More-efficient system maintenance. The new Fiery Installer Builder launching with FS350 Pro completes the set of tools that allow technicians to backup, restore, upgrade and maintain all Fiery DFEs in an organization. It eliminates the need for physical media when installing software or upgrades while maximizing press uptime for the customer.
Access Related Content