Epson America announced Epson Device Admin availability for its ColorWorks C6000-Series on-demand color label printers. This free device management solution is designed to help customers setup, configuration and management – including monitoring and updating capabilities – for Epson networked label printers.
“Traditionally, the process to onboard and manage label printers would be both time-consuming and costly – resources that IT teams do not have an abundance of,” said Andy Scherz, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Epson developed Epson Device Admin for the ColorWorks C6000-Series to enable customers to reduce IT time and cost deploying new label printers. It also allows for remote printer management and automatic alerts and updates to keep downtime at a minimum.”
Available for the full ColorWorks C6000-Series line, including the CW-C6000A, CW-C6000P, CW-C6500A and CW-C6500P, Epson Device Admin allows businesses to remotely manage networked label printers in a distributed environment. Features include:
- Mass configuration capabilities to deploy the settings of one “golden” printer to all others within a group
- Create and update groups of printers by factors such as department or geographical location
- Automatic email or text alerts for low-ink levels, error messages or other conditions
- Automatic firmware updates using user-defined time windows
- Monitoring of all label printers on the network, allowing administrators to remotely identify and troubleshoot device conditions
- Generate reports on usage of devices and consumables
The ColorWorks C6000-Series are the first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers. Four models deliver high-volume color labels for production use, speeding through labels at up to 5-inches per second. The Epson ColorWorks C6000-Series printers are available through Epson’s vast network of authorized partners.
Access Related Content