HP has announced its app-based and cloud-connected multifunction printer portfolio designed for the architecture, engineering and design community. With seamless set-up and cloud-based connectivity, the portfolio is designed to print, scan and copy from virtually anywhere, with smart apps, interfaces and overall fewer “clicks” to print, according to the company. Easy and direct “ready when you are” printing means teams of all sizes can better collaborate and move projects forward faster and more efficiently.
The new HP DesignJet T1600 printers and T2600 MFPs, and HP DesignJet XL 3600 MFP are the latest additions to what HP calls the world’s most secure large format printers. HP is also introducing HP PageWide XL 3900. Completing the portfolio are new printers for small business and home. The new HP DesignJet T100 and T500 are compact and designed to complement smaller workspaces requiring faster data and mobile communications.
“7 out of 10 architects are being regularly interrupted during work to print for colleagues. This seemingly small challenge means there is friction that is holding them back from the next great project,” says Guayente Sanmartàn, general manager and global head, HP Large Format Design Printing. “HP is leading the transformation in Large Format for small to medium-size businesses so the workplace printing experience feels as smart and easy as it does at home, enhanced with security for peace-of-mind.”
The new HP DesignJet T1600 and T2600, HP DesignJet XL 3600 MFP, and HP PageWide XL 3900 MFP features include:
- Scan – Capturing changes is reportedly easier than ever with background removal, skew and quick sets.
- Easy and direct printing – The new 15.6″ smart interface allows easy access to project folders or USB files directly from the touchscreen of the device with a few clicks, according to HP.
- HP Click – The HP Click printing software allows for printing of project sets and PDF documents, with two times less clicks.
- HP Smart – The HP Smart app enables printing and scanning capabilities for individuals on the go, using mobile devices.
- Speed – With printing speeds up to 170 A1/h, project delivery times reportedly enable superior performance and completion rates.
- Automatic Stacking – The printers provide ready to use multi-size stacking from A4 to A0 ““ up to 100 A1.
- Security – HP Secure Boot and Whitelisting keep the network protected, while HP JetAdvantage Security Manager keeps fleets secure.
The HP DesignJet XL 3600 MFP was designed to create a new standard of reliability, according to HP. It is optimized to deliver immediate results through what HP describes as the fastest first page out in the market so that designers do not need to wait in front of the printer.
- Sustainable hardware – The printer is comprised of 25% recycled parts.
- Lower running costs – The printer is designed to reduce running costs, with up to 10 times less energy consumption than comparable LED printers.
- Reduced footprint – A good fit for the office and environment, the printer is more compact than previous models and has a 30% smaller footprint.
- Silent operation – With noise levels reaching a maximum of 42db, the printer operates silently to complement office spaces.
- Easier media handling – The integrated top stacker holds up to 100 pages. Two spindle-less drawers enable automatic media loading.2-in-1 features consolidate monochrome and color printing into a single device.
- Security – HP Secure Boot and Whitelisting keep your network protected, while HP JetAdvantage Security Manager keeps fleets secure.
To complement the production portfolio for technical departments, HP is also introducing HP PageWide XL 3900 to help teams work even faster, save costs and consolidate two devices into one with mono and color printing.
- Fast access to prints – HP Click and intuitive scanning workflows enable impressive production delivery, with both instant and sustained speeds at 6 pages per minute and easy submission.
- Keeps costs under control – The HP Smart Tracker SW uses half the power consumption and tracking capabilities, running at a lower cost than LED.
- Device consolidation – Combining color technology and workflow efficiency, the printer delivers what HP describes as stunning prints with vivid colors, crisp lines, fine detail, and smooth grayscales that beat LED.
Ideal for architecture studios and AEC offices preferring a smaller footprint, the HP DesignJet T100/T500 printers are HP’s most affordable plotters, offering a convenient solution for on-demand printing. The printers are also the first DesignJet plotters capable of automating repetitive workflows.
- Built-in small format tray – The 2-1 built-in A3 and A4 paper trays enable seamless printing of quality drawings.
- HP Bright Office Inks – HP Bright Office Inks allow for high quality printing on a wide range of applications, including sharp lines and precise details with up to 2400 DPIs and original HP-GL/2 compatibility.
- HP Click – The HP Click function makes PDF printing simple with just one click, optimizing media usage and costs while achieving error-free printing for projects including batch printing.
- HP Poster App – The HP Poster App is an easy online design tool with thousands of free templates which can be used to create and print professional posters.
- HP Smart – The HP Smart app allows mobile printing through smartphone devices, with access to files saved on online repositories. The Smart Task feature allows printing, uploading files to cloud, and sharing with relevant teams through email in one process.
Access Related Content