Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced that three of its products – Océ Colorado 1650 large format graphic printer, Océ Arizona 1380 XT UV flatbed printer and Océ Touchstone Software have won the 2019 Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) “Product of the Year” Awards.
“We’re thrilled to receive recognition from SGIA judges, experts in the industry, as it solidifies Canon’s customer-first approach that relies heavily on their input to create innovative solutions that are meeting and leading market trends,” said Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A. Inc. “As Canon continues to innovate and contribute to the next generation of industry solutions, we plan to pursue our goal of delivering high-quality products designed to directly benefit the needs of our customers.”
Acknowledged by the print industry for their outstanding print quality, versatility, productivity and ease of use, below are the three SGIA 2019 “Product of the Year” award winners by category:
- Roll-to-Roll/UV (under 80 inches)
- The Océ Colorado 1650 printer offers an application range thanks to two technologies: the more formulation of the Canon UVgel 460 inks and the Océ FLXfinish technology. The new inks provide image stability, even when folded, bent, or wrapped.
- UV Latex Flatbed + White ($100,000 – $200,000)
- The Océ Arizona 1380 XT UV flatbed printer features a choice of two printer sizes – 49.2″ x 98.4″ or 98.4″ x 121.3″. Additional features include true flatbed architecture plus optional roll media support, pneumatic pin registration, automated printhead maintenance, high resolution table mapping, software for complex job creation/automation (Arizona Xpert), optional software for textured printing (Océ Touchstone) and for the first time LED-UV curing and purpose-built Océ IJC357 LED curable inks.
- Océ Touchstone Software is a suite of software tools that empowers designers and print providers to create print-ready 2.5D data for Océ Arizona printers; instantly adding height and texture elements to otherwise two-dimensional prints. Compatible with the Océ Arizona 1200, 1300 and 2200 Series UV curable flatbed printers and ONYX Thrive software. Designers can preview the created effect within Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator utilizing the free Océ Touchstone extensions and operators can preview printing layers, time and ink consumption.
Canon’s three award-winning SGIA Products of the Year will be on display in the Canon Solution America’s booth 7016 at PRINTING United 2019, October 23-25 in Dallas, Texas.
Access Related Content