The Managed Print Services Association (MPSA) announced its new Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Elections were held in June, with two-year terms beginning August 1, 2021.
The newly elected MPSA executive committee consists of:
- President: West McDonald (West McDonald Co.): West McDonald has been an innovator and change agent in the managed print services channel since the very early days of managed print. West is currently the Chief Noise Maker for Tigerpaw Software and the founder of West McDonald Co. He is also the host of Flat Rate World Live and West Wonders, both programs dedicated to elevating and reinvigorating managed print for dealers and customers
- Vice President: Joe Barganier (Ricoh USA): Served on original MPSA Board of Directors representing Dealer/Resellers and then served as President for 2 years. Second President of the MPSA. Helped create first MPSA definition of MPS. And a bunch of other stuff.
- Treasurer: Mark Hart (ACDI): Mark started his career at Lexmark International in 1997 working in software development. Over his 16 year career he got to experience many facets of the business including sales and channel development. In 2013 he joined ACDI as the Director of Professional Services helping their dealers support their software sales. Currently he is the Vice President of Business Development managing their OEM and software partnerships along with sales in LATAM & Brazil.
- Secretary: Eric Crump (Ringdale): Eric Crump is the director of strategic alliances for RINGDALE, the inventor of FollowMe printing and is based outside of Atlanta, Georgia. He leads and develops the strategic alliance activities with global OEM relationships and key industry analysts.
“I am honored and humbled that my peers have allowed me a 2nd term as President of the MPSA,” said incoming President West McDonald. “Even during the age of COVID-19, my MPSA peers worked selflessly and accomplished so much for the betterment of our channel. I look forward to serving them all as President again in a post-pandemic world. The best is truly yet to come!”
The newly elected board of directors consists of ten members: all chosen during the elections, with a mix of legacy leadership and new leadership to the MPSA.
Board of Directors:
- Anthony Chen (In Time Tec LLC): I’ve been in the MPS world for the last 15 years. I was the CTO for HP Inc.’s worldwide MPS team for 7+ years launching several innovative direct and indirect MPS programs in AMS, EMEA, and APJ that have placed HP Inc. as the leader in MPS offerings. As a result, I know both the business and technology sides of MPS. I used this knowledge to evaluating several MPS reseller and technology acquisitions. More recently, I joined a software development company, In Time Tec LLC, providing technology services and solutions to several printer OEMs. My product owner work on Cartos (a new cloud-based MPS fleet design and TCO software) won several awards, including the most innovative product award from HP Inc.
- Mitchell Filby (First Rock Consulting): Mitchell Filby is the founder and Managing Director of First Rock Consulting, Australia’s leading and most recognised independent Business Consultancy, IT Advisory and Media organisation. Mitchell has over thirty (30) years of market and industry experience including senior executive roles within the wider ICT community. Previous to his consulting business he worked with a number of leading OEM brand names such as; Oce, Kodak, Fuji Xerox and Canon. In addition to this Mitchell has been fortunate to have both strategic and operational experience in working and establishing both public and private IT Managed Services firms in Australia. Mitchell is also the first author in the world to publish a book (Rest In Print: from office printing to the rise of Managed Services) that links the office printing industry to the broader services of Managed Print Services and Managed Services.
- Sarah Henderson (Wells Fargo): I have been working in the MPSA Industry for more than 15 years but most recently transitioned into a end user role working inside a global organization on front line asset management and logistics for our internal managed print team. Prior to that I worked for over nine years for Clover Imaging group in Managed Print Operational and Sales support developing training programs, providing SME sales support and helping design and support MPS infrastructure for dealers in North America. I started in this industry at GreatAmerica Financial Services when I held a marketing role for the Office Equipment Group.
- Russell Kromminga (Century Business Technologies, Inc.): 20+ years in the office equipment industry, working with independent dealers to build and manage effective MPS programs. Formerly worked with Joe Bargainer while we were both at MT Business.
- Ed McLaughlin (Predictive InSight): Ed has over 50 years of executive and management experience in the office imaging, automation, and business services industries. He has broad experience in operations, turn around situations, product development, and supply chain simplification. He has led the strategic selection and execution of numerous successful mergers and acquisitions paying special attention to selecting complementary and synergistic business cultures. After four years of service in the US Air Force, Mr. McLaughlin began his career with Sperry Rand Corporation, Univac Division, where he was an accountant with the International Davison controllers department. He later held many sales, managerial and executive positions with companies such as 3M, Canon, Ricoh, and concluding his corporate experience as President of Sharp Electronics Corp.
- Trevor Moses (Tigerpaw Software): I’ve worked with West for years and lead dealers in both Canada and the US in Operations and Sales capacities.
Paul Pedersen (Guy Brown): Been in the MPS industry for nearly 2 decades, originally from South Africa and now blessed to provide consultative solutions in the US market. Been part of the MPSA for about 8 years in a few capacities.
- Tanya Ross (ISG): I have been in the MPS space for over 10 years, serving on both the OEM side of the business and supporting independent dealers. From program creation to Suppliers/OEM integration, I spend my days ensuring that the marriage between them is strong and of value to both sides. I understand MPS and have served on the Board of the MPSA for a year, and on our membership committee to drive the value of the MPSA.
Tawnya Stone (GreatAmerica): I have been involved in the MPS industry for several years primarily interfacing with dealers and helping them utilize technology to improve their internal processes. As former MPSA President, Vice President and Secretary, I have the historical knowledge of the association and look forward to continuing to add value.
- Aldo Spensieri (Xerox Corp): I started in MPS in the early 2000’s. Having been in the industry for almost 20 years has allowed me to follow and be part of the evolution of the industry to what it is now. I worked with the technology companies the MPS space I was the architect of Clover’s Axess MPS program, and that combination gave me the chance to work with many different dealers as they were launching their MPS practices.
The 14 members that will guide the MPSA for the next two years have some of the most extensive experience in the imaging channel and represent a wide span of the industry from independent dealers and financial services to OEMs and consumables manufacturers.
The new officers will be welcomed to their new positions August 1st, 2021.
Access Related Content