The Business Technology Association will hold its 2023 Capture the Magic event, hosted by BTA West, June 9-10 at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. Open to office technology dealers from across the country, the event will feature: a pre-event reception at BTA member All Copy Products; a keynote address by former Navy SEAL Curt Cronin; a featured speaker session led by Anthony Sci of Keypoint Intelligence; dealer panels on diversification and service management; two additional educational sessions presented by industry leaders; six breakout sessions, including a dealer sales panel (offered twice with different panelists), two mailing equipment opportunity sessions, and a service- focused session by CEO Juice (offered twice); time to network with peers and sponsors during breaks; exhibitor table discussions; and a night at Coors Field to see the San Diego Padres take on the Colorado Rockies.
The evening prior to the event, from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 8, BTA member All Copy Products will host dealers at its new 136,877-square-foot, five-story headquarters at 1645 W. 13th St. in Denver. The evening will include a reception and tour of the new office. Transportation will be provided to and from the Gaylord Rockies Resort to All Copy.
Capture the Magic will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, June 9, with breakfast, followed by opening comments and the keynote address, “Building Unstoppable Teams,” presented by former Navy SEAL Curt Cronin. In this keynote address, Cronin
will outline his five-step plan to building a proactive, unified team with complimentary skill sets. He will use anecdotes from his naval tours to draw parallels between his combat experience and the objectives of his audience. After the keynote, attendees can choose to take advantage of exhibit time, exhibitor table discussions or one of three breakout sessions:
- A sales dealer panel, “Optimizing Your Dealership’s Sales Team,” moderated by Mark Spears of Amplified Solutions. The panelists: Mike Ardry, Automated Business Solutions, Warwick, Rhode Island; Jose Lopez, Barlop Inc., Miami, Florida; and Carol Mitschke, Frontier Business Products, Aurora, Colorado.
- A mailing dealer panel, “Why Mailing Is a Good Fit for BTA Dealers,” moderated by independent consultant Jim D’Emidio. The panelists: Scott Brenton, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon; Will Champlin, All Copy Products (ACP), Denver, Colorado; and Patrick Cunningham,
Cunningham Business Systems, Alexandria, Louisiana.
- A service educational session, “Key Metrics for Service Managers,” presented by Gary Lavin and Mike Kirkpatrick of CEO Juice.
A diversification dealer panel, “Positioning Your Dealership for Greatness,” will follow from 11 a.m. to noon. The panel will be moderated by Dan Bombard of Yuma Office Equipment, a Fruth Group Company. The panelists: Chelsey Bode, Pearson-
Kelly Technology, Springfield, Missouri; Stephanie Keating Phillips, Advanced Imaging Solutions (AIS), Minneapolis, Minnesota; Brad Knepper, All Copy Products (ACP), Denver, Colorado; and Tim Renegar, Kelly Office Solutions, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Lunch will be held after the panel.
After lunch, there will be more time to visit with exhibitors and peers, followed by the featured speaker, Anthony Sci of Keypoint Intelligence, who will present, “Preparing for the Future: Key Strategies for Success.” More exhibit time and the final educational session of the day, “Demystifying AI: Practical Insights & Tools for Business Growth,” presented by West McDonald of West McDonald Co. and Tigerpaw Software, will follow. The first day of Capture the Magic will wrap up from 6:40 to 10 p.m. with a San Diego Padres versus Colorado Rockies game at Coors Field.
The second day of the event will begin at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast, followed by an educational session, “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” presented by BTA General Counsel Bob Goldberg. After the first session, attendees can choose to take advantage of the exhibit time, exhibitor table discussions or one of three breakout sessions:
- A sales dealer panel, “Optimizing Your Dealership’s Sales Team,” moderated by Mark Spears of Amplified Solutions. The panelists: Scott Flaherty, Altek Business Systems, Telford, Pennsylvania; Jim George, Donnellon McCarthy Enterprises, Cincinnati, Ohio; and Tim Stanley, TDSiT, Lowell, Arkansas.
- A mailing equipment session, “Mailing Equipment Decertification & Its Opportunities,” presented by Phil Landriault, mailing meters decertification expert, and Carrie Witham, GreatAmerica Financial Services Corp.
- A service educational session, “Key Metrics for Service Managers,” presented by Gary Lavin and Mike Kirkpatrick of CEO Juice. A service dealer panel, “Meeting the Challenges Faced by Today’s Service Departments,” moderated by Kevin Marshall of Copy Link Inc., will wrap up the second day’s educational lineup. The panelists: Wendy Hagerstrand, Imagine Technology Group (ITG), Chandler, Arizona; Juan Maldonado, UBEO Business Services, San Antonio, Texas; and Dale Scheuerman, All Copy Products (ACP), Denver, Colorado. The event will conclude with closing comments and exhibitor prize drawings from noon until 12:15 p.m.
The Capture the Magic exhibiting sponsors: ACDI, Brother, ConnectWise, Cranel, Crexendo, Digitech Systems, ECI Software Solutions, FP Mailing Solutions, GreatAmerica Financial Services, HP, Hytec Dealer Services, Intermedia, Kodak Alaris (lunch sponsor), Konica Minolta, Midwest Copier Exchange, Quench, Sharp (keynote sponsor), Technology Assurance Group (TAG), Tigerpaw, Toshiba, White Cup, Xerox (breakfast sponsor) and Zultys. Additional exhibitors to be announced.
BTA member dealers receive 2-for-1 registration to Capture the Magic. BTA member dealer registration is $199, which includes the Friday and Saturday educational sessions; Friday breakfast, lunch and baseball game; and Saturday breakfast. An additional attendee from the same member dealership is $99. Non-member dealer registration is $249 per person.