One of my favorite things is learning how dealers are diversifying their product and services offerings. Even though I haven’t been following this industry as long as Frank and Scott, I am convinced that dealers must continue to diversify in order to remain relevant to their customers. The nice thing about diversification is that any dealer can do it, especially since there is an abundance of diversification opportunities, even though as Scott mentioned in his February Editor’s Letter, not every diversification opportunity is for everyone. That said, there are ways that even small dealers can diversify beyond traditional office print. We examine a number of those ways in this issue, as well as explore, in our cover feature, diversification gone wrong. Yes, diversifying can be a learning experience and it is fascinating to hear dealers’ stories and the lessons they learned from their failed diversification experiences. Also, of particular interest in this issue is contributing editor Noel Ward’s recap of our recent survey of dealers and OEMs on supply chain issues.
This month’s diversification-related features include:
- Dialing for Dollars – Three dealers share their VoIP diversification stories.
- Receipt and POS Printer Tends – Epson, Konica Minolta, and Toshiba make a case for these products.
- To Dye For – An introduction to dye sublimation printing.
- Healthy Choices – The pandemic and hybrid workforce have created credible diversification opportunities.
- Virtual Panel | Hot Topics: Our Advisory Board members offer their take on diversification, supply chain issues, and e-commerce.
In addition to those features, don’t miss our monthly Japanese Headlines, European Headlines, and Economic Matters columns as well as a new column we call Take Two where we offer a second look, sometimes from a new perspective, about a new or legacy technology, solution, service, or trend.
Enjoy the issue!
Also, please reach out to me at email@example.com with any questions, issues, or comments. We welcome your feedback as we strive to provide you with the very best reporting and analysis of the industry.
President & CEO
Access Related Content