This is an exciting time to be a part of the office technology industry, and digital transformation (DX) is one of the big reasons for that, even if it’s not an entirely new concept. As Editor-in-Chief Scott Cullen writes in his Editor’s Letter, “What’s so new about digital transformation?” That’s a great question, and he succinctly answers it by noting that dealers and OEMs have been digitally transforming their businesses and their customers’ businesses ever since the advent of digital technology. The difference today is that DX expands well beyond the print arena. You’ll get a good sense of that in Contributing Writer Mark Vruno’s cover story, The Many Sides of Digital Transformation. You’ll also get a different perspective on DX from Contributing Editor Kate Gragg’s excellent article, Click Bait: Ready or Not, E-Commerce is Here.
Other issue highlights include:
- Leading with Digital Transformation – Contributing Editor Noel Ward asks dealers to ponder, are you ready to digitally transform your business and your customers’ businesses?
- Talking Digital Transformation with Konica Minolta and Its Dealers – Scott interviews Konica Minolta’s Laura Blackmer about the company’s new programs to accelerate its dealers’ DX. He also speaks to a few dealers who are benefitting from these programs.
- The Employment Supply Chain is Failing the Office Technology Industry – Scott offers an insightful look at a challenging issue, including the office technology industry employment outlook for 2023.
- Dealer Roundtable: Key Issues Affecting Office Technology Dealers – The Cannata Report Advisory Board addresses the supply chain, digital transformation, and hiring and retention.
- CR-Connect Dealer Tour: Rite Technology’s Righteous Path – Scott interviews David Polimeni president of Rite Technology and current BTA president about his unconventional path into the office technology industry and what BTA has given him.
Besides these features, you’ll find our latest Japanese Headlines, European Headlines, and Veteran’s Way columns.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, issues, or comments. We welcome your feedback as we strive to provide you with the best reporting and analysis of the industry.
Enjoy the issue!
President & CEO
To become a subscriber, visit www.thecannatareport.com/register or contact email@example.com directly. Bulk subscription rates are also available upon request and included in our media kit.