Digitech Systems celebrated the 25th anniversary of the founding of the company.
In an era when about 20% of startups fail to reach the one-year milestone and only one in two reach five years, a twenty-fifth anniversary is a significant accomplishment, according to a company press release. How did they do it?
- Product Innovation: Products that work when implemented to solve real customer problems while offering a significant rate of return.
- Security Focus: Every year, cybersecurity threats increase, but Digitech Systems continues to protect data for thousands of companies.
- Values Foundation: People, products, and values lead to a unique and rewarding company culture that supports long-tenured leadership and steady growth.
Product Innovation: First to Cloud & First to AI
Digitech Systems reported that it has lead the world into the cloud, launching its first cloud service, ImageSilo in 1999—more than a decade before most other tech companies recognized and copied the delivery model. Today, “we have thousands of organizations that have been with us for decades managing information in the cloud using ImageSilo,” explains Scott Matthews, company founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In 2016, the company brought artificial intelligence (AI) to the information management market with the launch of PaperVision Forms Magic. The product uses Digitech Systems’ own, patented AI algorithms to eliminate manual data entry and document sorting for thousands of users around the world.
Here’s a summary of just a few of the “best of” recognitions the company and their products have won during their 25 year history.
• 5-Time Winner “ROI Award”, Nucleus Research – 2020, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007
• 4-Time Winner “Outstanding Data Capture and Workflow”, Keypoint Intelligence, Buyer’s Lab – 2019, 2016, 2015, 2012
• “Most Promising Content Services Provider”, Insights Success – 2020
• “Hot Customer Experience”, Document Strategy – 2019
• “Top RPA Solution”, CIO Application – 2019
• “Outstanding Cloud Content Management Service”, “Outstanding Achievement in Innovation”, “Outstanding Enterprise Content Management and full product suite “Platinum Rating”, Keypoint Intelligence/Buyer’s Laboratory – 2020, 2016, 2014, 2016, 2019
At Digitech Systems, its core development philosophies prioritize preserving information, keeping it secure, and making it accessible to individuals who have the right security clearances to work with it. Before the company think about the features and functionality of its information management suite of products, it focuses on cyber security for its customers.
“Security has been built into our services since day one,” explains Matthews. “Everything begins with a focus on security. From the bottom up, our software development process is based on protecting the security of our customers’ data and ensuring that users can only do what they’ve been granted access to do with it.”
Leadership from the Heart
Long-lasting companies are grounded in culture. Digitech Systems People, Products, and Values Foundation has provided an anchor in good economic times and bad. During tough economies, culture keeps people motivated and optimistic about the company’s future. During good times, culture grounds folks to remind them of who they are and what they’re trying to accomplish. Regardless of external conditions, a good corporate culture unites people behind common goals and brings their hearts into their work. It’s a powerful force for good and for good results.
In addition, stability in senior leadership roles has brought consistency to the business. Each of the three primary executives, Matthews – Founder & Chief Technology Officer, HK Bain – Chief Executive Officer, and John Gabriel – Chief Finance and Operations Officer, have been with the company for at least twenty years. In middle management, all but one of the department heads have at least ten years of tenure with the organization. Working together for so long, has resulted in deep bonds of trust and friendship that allow leaders to disagree respectfully and communicate openly without putting relationships or the company at risk.
“We’re pleased to reach this milestone and express our gratitude to all our stakeholders, including the Associates, distribution partners, and customers who have worked alongside us over the decades. Twenty-five years is an exciting achievement, but we won’t rest here. We’re looking forward to more years of product innovation as we continue to help customers with their information management and security needs. Most important of all, we’re committed to values that will lead us to be proud of the way we accomplish our goals. The best is yet to come!” said Bain.