The Cannata Report along with Copier Careers President Paul Schwartz and Business Development Manager Jessica Crowley discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the current labor market and the independent dealer channel in a webinar originally presented live on Sept. 24.
The recording of that webinar, “Business as Unusual: Hiring & Retention in the COVID-19 Era and Beyond,” sponsored by ACDI and GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation, is now available for viewing.
During the webinar, Schwartz and Crowley discussed the latest dealer channel employment trends, the current needs of employers and job seekers, and the impact of remote work as well as the labor market’s effect on employee morale.
Additional discussion topics included:
- How the current labor environment is different than what the industry experienced during the economic meltdown of 2009
- Why dealers are hiring and what types of positions they are looking to fill
- How the candidate pool been impacted by the pandemic and what kind of talent is now available or willing to listen to offers who might not have been interested before
- Why only 57.5% of copier industry workers who were unemployed in July were actively job hunting
- How this current climate has impacted workers who are still employed
- The impact the pandemic has had on senior management and dealer principals
Access Related Content